Connect with Me!

When I First Saw You | The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich

Thursday, January 12, 2017 Geraldine 0 Comments


When I First Saw You (or WIFSY) is a meme held over by Sophie at Sailing through Books. The aim of the game is to write up a synopsis for a given cover, and then compare it to the actual cover of a book! Sounds fun right? It most definitely is! 


I have missed doing WIFSY! It's such a creative outlet for me, and it's helping me come up with more ideas for my WIP. 

Anyway, here is my contribution this week - what do you all think? 

The Book For This Week is...



The Love Interest, by Cale Dietrich

My Synopsis


"911, how can I help you?"
"There's been a murder."
"What's your location?"
The phone operator was met with the resounding dial tone. 

Lexa Lin is a hardened criminal. Part of an elite group of assassins, she's grown up knowing one thing - love kills. 
Thing is, she's never been too good at following rules. 
After all, rules shouldn't apply to being with Grant, her fellow assassin-in-arms. Withhis rugged good looks and flirty words, he defies the realm of reason and possibility - breaking one rule is nothing compared to all that.  
But then she meets Trey. Trey, the opposite of everything Grant is. A prep school boy, with everything.
And her next order? To murder Trey's father. 

Get ready for ready for one hell of a ride.
And don't forget...love kills.

~~~~

The Actual Synopsis


There is a secret organization that cultivates teenage spies. The agents are called Love Interests because getting close to people destined for great power means getting valuable secrets.

Caden is a Nice: The boy next door, sculpted to physical perfection. Dylan is a Bad: The brooding, dark-souled guy, and dangerously handsome. The girl they are competing for is important to the organization, and each boy will pursue her. Will she choose a Nice or the Bad?

Both Caden and Dylan are living in the outside world for the first time. They are well-trained and at the top of their games. They have to be – whoever the girl doesn’t choose will die.

What the boys don’t expect are feelings that are outside of their training. Feelings that could kill them both.

~~~


Comparing

Well...secret organisation? I WAS KIND OF RIGHT. But honestly, I like both my synopsis and the real synopsis. I'll definitely be going after The Love Interest - I'm totally in the mood for a love triangle book! Plus, it's a competition? Come on, this must be the most perfect book for me! I am a sucker for any books where there are competitions. 
But at the same time...I know how many books are out there with my synopsis, but I really like my story. I honestly want to write a whole book out of it! 

What would you have written? Do you think my synopsis was too far fetched? Did you like my synopsis? Let me know in the comments below!

And if you enjoy WIFSY - sign up with Sophie @ Sailing Through Books! It's such a wonderful meme, one of my absolute favourites, and I'd love to see more people with synopses! 

Keep reading and loving books!
Geraldine


Enjoyed reading this? You should definitely follow me to get more updates! 

You Might Also Like