Connect with Me!

NOV2016 Rewind & Replay

Sunday, December 04, 2016 Geraldine 0 Comments



Can you believe it's the end of November? Only another month until the end of 2016! It's hard to think that I graduated high school a year ago...and that I'll be graduating from my bachelor's degree in a year's time! Time really does fly by! 

Books I’ve Read/Am Reading:

This month has been a really successful reading month for me - after exams ended, all I did was read, read and more reading! Plus I got myself a Kindle...and I haven't been able to stop using it! 
The Problem With Forever by Jennifer E. Armentrout


The Memory Book by Lara Avery 
Disruption by Jessica Shirvington
Corruption by Jessica Shirvington
A Thousand Pieces Of You by Claudia Gray
When Michael Met Mina by Randa Abdel-Fattah
A Million Worlds With You by Claudia Gray
Blood for Blood by Ryan Graudin
The Thousandth Floor by Katherine McGee
Spellcaster by Claudia Gray
I Was Here by Gayle Forman
Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray
The Crown's Game by Evelyn Skye


Down With The Shine by Kate Karyus Quinn

A History of Notable Shadowhunters and Denizens of Downworld by Cassandra Clare and Cassandra Jean
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - currently reading 

Posts on Corralling Books This Month

On the blog front, it's been quite slow - I've had exams for uni, and I've just started my summer research project. Buuuut, I'm really going to make a lasting comeback soon - I'm in the middle of drafting up a bunch of posts! GET READY, DECEMBER!
But without further ado, here are some posts I've posted this month!
The Sun Is Also A Star by Nicola Yoon
The Yearbook Committee by Sarah Ayoub 
The Thanks U Give - Being Thankful: Bookish Edition

Bookstagram Photos This Month

This month, I really made a more concerted effort to be more present on bookstagram! I've tried challenges - not really loving them, to be honest, just because I find it so hard to post on the same day! But I finally figured out my theme, and I'm really liking it! 





What I got up to this month:

School

This month of November, I didn't really have uni. It was only the start of the month that I had to stress about exams! My exams were smashed into one week - and I was taking five subjects! 
I got my marks back for all my subjects though - I did pretty well by maintaining my GPA of a 6 (Distinction) so I'm fairly happy. A bit upset in a couple of subjects, given that I thought they would be easy 7 subjects since I was doing so well in the earlier assessment pieces, but I bombed the final exams...oh well! 
I did also start my summer semester - I'm taking nutrition and statistics courses! 
I'm also doing a summer research project - as I'm really interested in going into neuroscience or psychiatry, I'm part of a summer scholar program that looks into 

Work

Retail - I don't know if it was in November or October anymore, but I got promoted to duty manager at my job! It's a small promotion, but it'll look good on my resume, so I'm very happy! It's been a bit stressful with the additional responsibilities, but hopefully I'll get used to everything soon! 
Tutoring - Most of my students have been graduating from Year 12, so I've wrapped up tutoring them now. 

Life/Social

HAH. I honestly haven't had much of a life in November. Mostly all studying, truth be told... And preparing for more studying. 
But I did manage to complete the Goodreads challenge - woo! That's about as social as I got.

TV shows/Movies I Watched

I started watching Family Guy. I know, it's really sad. But it's honestly so easy to just watch - absolutely no focus needed at all. It's really great for multitasking - I'm someone who hates to do things one at a time, so it's nice having it on in the background while I'm writing posts. 
I've caught up on some of my favourite TV shows - New Girl, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Modern Family, Fresh Off The Boat and The Mindy Project! 
Plus, I watched Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life with my sister - we had major problems with most of it, to be honest.
My sister and I are also watching a Singaporean drama - Honor and Passion! We used to watch a heap of Singaporean dramas when we were younger, so this was a nice throwback to those good old times! 


tl;dr 

Damn girl, how you so busy? 


How was your month? Let me know in the comments below, or link me to your recap! 

Keep reading and loving books!
Geraldine

Enjoyed reading this? You should definitely follow me to get more updates! 

You Might Also Like