Connect with Me!

Aussie YA Bloggers' Secret Santa

Tuesday, December 06, 2016 Geraldine 0 Comments


I'm so happy to have found some Australian book lovers through blogging this year! Thank you to the wonderful AusYA mods for hosting this event, and all other things you do - you guys are amazing and the hard work you do is greatly appreciated! <3 Without further ado, here is my post! 


1. What are your top 5 favourite books this year?



When We Collided by Emery Lord 
Highly Illogical Behaviour by John Corey Whaley
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare 
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
With the first three, brownie points for how diverse they are - re. culture and/or mental health! 

2. What are your top 5 favourite Aussie YA books this year?


As I only read 5 Aussie YA books this year, they were...
Akarnae by Lynette Noni
When Michael Met Mina by Randa Abdel-Fattah 
The Yearbook Committee by Sarah Ayoub
My Sister Rosa by Justine Larbeister 
Lady Helen and the Dark Days Club.by Alison Goodman

3. How did you go with your Goodreads challenge?

I finished it a week or two ago! 75 books done - but I'm still reading! I think I'm on 84 books right now? GONNA KEEP GOING ON STRONG! 

4. What is your favourite blogging moment of 2016?

I really liked meeting Brisbane bloggers at the Brisbane Writer's Festival! I didn't really do too much though - I'm definitely going to be making a huge event out of it next year! ^_^ 
I'm pretty proud of creating Conversations, a discussion meme. Although I've fallen off track with it - I'm planning on bringing it back next year :)
I also really enjoyed Love-A-Thon - it was definitely overwhelming, but I felt like I got about as much as I put into the event! 
Finally, participating in Twitter chats in general was SO MUCH FUN! 

5. What are your blogging goals for 2017?

Definitely meet more Aussie bloggers. I only really stumbled into this huge Aussie blogger community a few months ago, and I'd love to get to know everyone a little more personally. 
Apart from that, I'd like to actually post more consistently - maybe two or three times a week on this blog, and I'm aiming for once every day on my bookstagram. 

6. What books are you looking forward to in 2017?

I've been a bit out of the loop, but definitely Lord of Shadows and Draekona! I don't know many 2017 releases, to be honest - so let me know in the comments below what books you're anticipating as well! Particularly standalones - I can't spend my life continuing to read all series! 

7. What is your favourite thing about the Aussie YA community?  

Everyone is really friendly, and it's amazing what a little community we have here! I love that we have an active Facebook and Goodreads group, that we share deals with each other, and are just friendly in general :) 

Leave 3 clues for your santee below!

1. We live in the same state! :O 
2. We're the same age! 
3. I'm so jealous you got to meet Tom Hiddleston! 

Here's the link up for all the other posts! 


Keep reading and loving books!
Geraldine


Enjoyed reading this? You should definitely follow me to get more updates! 

You Might Also Like