Connect with Me!

2016 Rewind & Replay

Saturday, December 31, 2016 Geraldine 0 Comments



I'm sure I'm not the only one who has mixed emotions about 2016. 2016 has been such a crazy, fast and busy year - it's so weird to think that we're coming to the end of it. 
But despite all the weird and crazy things that have happened this year, I'd like to celebrate this year coming to an end by reflecting on everything that has mattered to me this year!

Notable posts 

Review: The Sun Is Also A Star - the first review of a physical ARC! 
Conversations - The New Meme On The Block - Conversations is a meme I started this year - super proud of it, and I'm hoping to kickstart it again next year! 
Why I Rarely Participate in Top Ten Tuesday and Other Memes - I think this was my first original discussion post - I hadn't seen any posts about it prior to my writing and publishing the article! 

School 

BUSY BUSY BUSY. But I'm so proud of myself. My goal is to graduate my BSc by the end of next year, despite having only started uni this year. And I'm on track! I've been overloading on courses, and I was worried I wouldn't be able to make it, but hey, here I am, and I'm still sitting on a decent GPA! 
I've also been given the amazing opportunity to do some summer research! 

Life/Social 

My social life might have dwindled down a bit - I've stopped keeping track with a lot of my high school friends. But the ones I have kept up with, our friendships are still as strong as ever, which makes me happy! 
I've met some new friends this year, but probably no really close new friends :( Maybe next year? 
In general life, let's not forget the one time I was in a minor car accident early in the year...someone bumped into the back of my car, and my parents kind of didn't let me drive very much after that. 
AND LIBBY. No one can forget that 2016 is the year that my family finally got a dog, after years of waiting! Libby is the most adorable Irish Wolfhound x Rottweiler that you can get and I am so so happy that she is in my life! ((i would go so far to say that she is the one being i truly love, what an innocent pupper))

Work 

For someone who started her first job in February to ending the year as a duty manager, I'm pretty proud of where I'm at. I'm also pretty happy that I've made some work friends and gained more confidence in my abilities! From work, I've also become a much more open person, in the sense that I'm not as shy anymore, so I'm really happy! ^_^

TV Shows 

Honestly, TV shows are my favourite - I think I've spent at least 20 days worth of time on watching them. Granted, I was multitasking (eating, drawing, etc.) at the time, but STILL. Here are the TV shows I've watched this year!
  • The Office - OH MY LORD, this is the best TV show I have ever found. People may say that Friends is the best, but I've never been able to intentionally rewatch Friends - I just watch it whenever it's convenient and it comes on the TV. The Office...I've bought it and I honestly watch it whenever I can, because it is ICONIC. Favourite TV show this year, easily, if not favourite show of all time. 
  • Chicago Fire - started and caught up
  • The Mindy Project - started and caught up
  • Fresh Off The Boat - started and caught up 
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine - started and caught up
  • Suits - started and caught up 
  • New Girl 
  • Modern Family 
  • Fringe - started, will probably never finish 
  • Family Guy - just watching a couple of episodes here and there
  • Gilmore Girls: A Year In The Life - no comment. 
  • House M.D. - rewatched a couple of episodes
  • Jane the Virgin - I JUST STARTED IT (and finished it - binge reading ftw). Thanks Cilla for pushing me to watch it! 
I've watched devastating amounts of TV, truth be told...

Songs 

Songs are such an important part of my life! I cannot go a day without listening to at least one song (because my commute is generally quite long and noisy), so here is a pick of my favourites! 
Released in 2016
  • Anything by The Chainsmokers in 2016 - damn I love this group so MUCH. I didn't love their song Closer at first, but it grew on me. That's their style - all of their songs eventually just grow on me. 
  • Starboy by The Weeknd and Daft Punk - this song is repeat material! 
  • Let Me Love You + Cold Water by Justin Bieber - these songs dominated the stores this year!
  • The Gun by Cash Cash ft. Trinidad James, Dev & Chrish - this song was constantly playing in my house for way too long. Mostly because the sisters hate EDM, but I love it, and this was the one EDM song they liked. >_< 
Associated with 2016
Some songs aren't published in this year, but I'm always gonna associate them with this year! 
  • Lush Life by Zara Larsson - this song was on repeat at the start of this year, because I was stuck with a horrible phone that had enough memory for like only five songs. So whenever I think of 2016, I think I'll only think of this song. 
  • Colours by Halsey - I hated this song at first, and thought that Halsey was really overrated, BUT OMG I LOVE IT NOW. 

Books 

I've read a stunning 85 books this year. So I probably can't list them all, but if you want to check them out, they're in my Goodreads challenge here. Some of my favourites are listed here though! 
  • The Problem With Forever by Jennifer E. Armentrout
  • Highly Illogical Behaviour by John Corey Whaley
  • When We Collided by Emery Lord
  • Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
  • The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
THESE BOOKS ARE GOLD. Best books I've read this year, and some of them are the best books I've read, like, ever. 

What's your year been like? Link me to your recaps, and let me know in the comments below - let's celebrate the end of this year and look forward to a clean slate! ^_^ 

Keep reading and loving books!
Geraldine


Enjoyed reading this? You should definitely follow me to get more updates! 

You Might Also Like