Connect with Me!

The Thanks U Give - Being Thankful: Bookish Edition

Wednesday, November 23, 2016 Geraldine 0 Comments


As we all know, Thanksgiving is coming up! Thank you to Hazel @ Stay Bookish and Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales for hosting this event! 
Even though I'm an Australian, and we don't really celebrate Thanksgiving here in Australia, I believe it's super important to always be thankful for everything we have. I try to end everyday, thinking about at least one thing I'm thankful for, but Thanksgiving is a time for us to think even more about things we're grateful for. 
After being part of the bookish community for eleven months now, I have so much to be grateful for, so many people to be grateful for. I'd like to take this opportunity to express my gratitude! 

Book Bloggers 

Emily @ Paperback PrincessRanu @ The Araliya Bookshelf - You guys were my first friends in the bookish community, and you guys essentially showed me the ropes! 
Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books - We don't talk so often anymore, but you are so hardworking, and always made me feel valued in the bookish community! I loved our comment sprees, with how we would always have a conversation going! Plus, your supportiveness in DMs, etc. has always motivated me! <3 
Cilla @ Paved With Books - People always talk about their bookish friends, and honestly, I don't really keep in contact with many people. But Cilla, you are one of the few that I do regularly keep in contact with, and I love that. You reply so quickly to my messages, and I'm so grateful to have you in my life. 
Sophie @ Sailing Through Books, TT @ Intro to Blurb, Denise @ The BibliolaterLucie @ Tea, Books and Fun and Annika @ Hiding Books- I really am so thankful for all the conversations you've all had with me! You've made the bookish community a very friendly place for me! Particularly, Denise - thanks so much for showing me the ropes in bookstagram, and tagging me in some challenges! And Sophie for hosting WIFSY! 
Jeann @ Happy Indulgence, Maddie @ Paso Maddie and Brett @ Brett Michael Orr - I'm so grateful to have found you guys and finally met you guys! I never thought there would be Brisbane book bloggers, let alone really friendly, down-to-earth Brisbane book bloggers, so it was such a pleasure to meet you guys this year! 
There are honestly too many people to thank here - I could have a whole list of them! 


Other Bookish Things 

Brisbane City Council's Library service - BCC, your library service is spot on. I used to whine about how bad the book selection was, but after joining the bookish community, and seeing all the latest releases, and seeing how quickly you got those books, I'm just so grateful to have you around. Without the library service, I would never be able to read as many of the 2016 releases as I have, being a university student. 
Bookish Community - Although there have been a fair share of dramas, there's no doubting the way that the bookish community is generally here for everyone. I've found some great friends, and gotten some very awesome book recs *cough* A Darker Shade of Magic *cough*
Authors - THANK YOU SO MUCH. Without you guys, I would never feel ALL THE FEELS, and have been able to bond with so many cool people here on the blogosphere! Never feel like you are doing nothing, because the words you write have the power to change, have the power to make other people feel things. 

What's one thing you're grateful for this year? Do you celebrate Thanksgiving? 

Keep reading and loving books!
Geraldine


Enjoyed reading this? You should definitely follow me to get more updates! 

You Might Also Like