Connect with Me!

Conversations: Which Commenting System Do You Use and Love?

Sunday, September 04, 2016 Geraldine 0 Comments


Hi everyone! 
It's been a long time since I've posted! Sorry about that - lots of things happening at uni! But this week, the Conversations post is something I'm very interested in...
Do you use a particular form of commenting system? 

For me, I use Disqus, as you all can see, if you scroll below. 
There are many reasons why I use Disqus. 
As you all know, I HEAVILY emphasise how blogging should be about communication, making friends, etc. Disqus has such a wondeful system to facilitate that - it has notifications, a bit like Facebook, for if someone has replied back to your comment, and all that jazz. It's truly awesome. 
It also looks really good. I'm a huge fan of the minimalist look - it's difficult for me to implement, but it looks awesome! Disqus is pretty minimalistic, so it's nice to have on the blog. 
Then, let's not forget how Disqus can be integrated with pretty much anything. If you're using Disqus, you don't have to make a Disqus account or anything - you can sign in with Facebook, Twitter, and some other options, I believe! So pretty much anyone can comment on your posts, let you know what they think! 
Finally., Disqus is awesome because you get to "thumbs up" comments. Sometimes, I find it's hard to reply back to some comments - you know, the generic ones, that are like "oh, nice post!". But I still feel that obligation to do something, to acknowledge that comment, so instead of spending ten minutes thinking of an adequate reply - I just thumbs up! :) 

To be honest, I can't really think of reasons NOT to use Disqus. The only drawback is the lack of a mobile app - but even then, I think that has been resolved! I just have to play around with some code-y things..which I'll do sometime soon... >.<
Actually, thinking about it, Disqus can be a bit confusing to implement. Denise @ The Bibliolater and I have had many panicked conversations about how to install Disqus and how to keep it working (there was one time when Blogger had changed its system or something, and Disqus couldn't cope o_O ) 

What commenting system do you guys use? Why do you use this system? Can you think of any reasons not to love Disqus - I know I'm very biased! 
I love finding out more about each commenting system - so let me know! :) 


Keep reading and loving books!
Geraldine


Enjoyed reading this? You should definitely follow me to get more updates! 

You Might Also Like