Connect with Me!

Conversations: I Love My Books!

Sunday, August 07, 2016 Geraldine 0 Comments



So, this is a bit of a late post...sorry! 
The Conversations topic for this week is... 
How do you show your love for a book?

We all love our books. I mean, that's why you're here reading this post right? And that's definitely why I have my blog! But how do you guys show that you love a book? Here are a couple of ways that I do...

1. Write a lovely review - Whenever I absolutely love a book, I make sure to write a review on it, and try to force as many people to read it. After all...if no one knows the book, how else will I get to spill all the feels?? 

2. Buy different editions of the book - this applies more to classics and books that get more reprints in general, but I love looking at the different covers, looking at how they vary! 

3. Take lots of bookstagram photos with it - To be honest, I don't usually use bookstagram a lot...but I still take lots of photos of my favourite books! I just don't upload them >.< But what better way to showcase a wonderful book, than by highlighting it on bookstagram? 

4. Binding it with protective film - This only applies to paperback books, but I usually protect all my books from spills, large creases by covering them with stickyback or contact. This doesn't fully protect them from everything, of course, but it does add an extra layer of protection, which lets me sleep better at night, knowing my books are protected! 

5. Writing in it- OKAY, I know this is blasphemy, but I actually kind of like writing in my books. Usually, when I have a favourite book anyway, I have a second copy of that book. And in that second copy, I annotate. I highlight my favourite parts of the book, and I write notes (usually me going "AHHH", and just me spilling out all the feels). It makes for a very...interesting reread session down the track! 

This was a short, more list-y topic this week! I hope you enjoyed it - let me know if you prefer list-like topics or if you like the usual lengthy debate-esque topics we have! 
Also - let me know in the comments or in the link-up, how you show your love for all the books! <3 



Keep reading and loving books!
Geraldine


Enjoyed reading this? You should definitely follow me to get more updates! 

You Might Also Like