Connect with Me!

The Sunday Post - Edition 1

Sunday, May 08, 2016 Geraldine 0 Comments


I'm starting to do The Sunday Post! It's such an awesome meme, honestly, because it allows you to get to know other bloggers well. And I figure that you guys should know a bit about what's going on in my life, get to know me a bit better :) For anyone who didn't know - The Sunday Post is a meme that Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It's a chance to share news and other important life things, alongside bookish things! 

So...hopefully you enjoy my first The Sunday Post! Thanks Molly @ Molly's Book Nook, for really persuading me to start doing it! 

Books I’ve Read/Am Reading:


Hatred Day by T.S. Pettibone - I'm finding this really hard to get into, to be honest. I requested to join the blog tour, about two months ago, because the premise sounds interesting - but the writing is a bit passive and drab for my tastes so far. Hopefully it picks up!







A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas - I'm kind of alright with this book? It's nothing special - in fact I'm finding the characterisation a tiny bit iffy. But anywayyy hopefully it get's better! 
















Posts on Corralling Books This Week 

I'm getting back into the swing of book blogging! 
The Sunday Post - Edition 1 - THIS POST! ^_^

Awesome Posts I've Read This Week

I've read a couple of awesome posts this week...but I've forgotten to save them! I'll definitely have this section ready for next week though! 

What I got up to this week:

School

It was actually alright this week. A lot less stress, because all the mid-semester exams and assignments are over. In fact - I even got a midsemester exam mark back! And I scored an 81% in my Chemistry midsemester exam! I'm super proud of that mark - because I remember not having enough time to study for it, and being super stressed (I had another two assignments and three exams in that same week). 

Work

I've been having a rough week at work. I have a retail position in a chain store, and it's such an awesome job, it really is. Thing is, I have a casual position, and I've just been making so many mistakes in the past week, and I'm worried that I won't get any more shifts. 

I also tutor a couple of high school students, and this week, it was a bit hard, because the girl I'm tutoring wanted my help with an assignment. I'm a high academic achiever - but that usually came from exams. Like, my marks from assignments were high yes, but I always talked to other people, who would give me ideas for the assignment >.< 

Life/Social

I've been pretty sick for the second half of the past week. It's been really annoying, because this is a recurring illness, and whenever the illness flares up, I just want to sleep all day, every day. It makes it hard for me to keep up with study and work - so I've been struggling a bit. 

TV shows/Movies I Watched

Didn't watch too many this week - the internet was really bad at home - but I did watch the most recent episode of Modern Family! I rewatched many episodes of The Mentalist, and it was nice to see how Patrick Jane pulls off all his tricks again ^_^ It's been a while since I watched it last, so it was like watching a new show all over again - I had pretty much forgotten everything! 

How was your week? Let me know in the comments below! 

Keep reading and loving books!
Geraldine




Enjoyed reading this? You should definitely follow me to get more updates! 

You Might Also Like