Connect with Me!

My Favourite Childhood Book | The Library Project

Saturday, April 16, 2016 Geraldine 0 Comments

Today, I'd like to talk about my favourite childhood book, to help raise awareness for The Library Project, which is a not-for-profit organisation that supplies reading supplies and books to poor schools or orphanages in China and Vietnam. As a strong believer in education and the impact that books have on us all, I thought that their mission was an important one to highlight here at Corralling Books. 


As a child, I don't think I had any one favourite childhood book. I was rereading a couple, at different times, because I was the child that could get easily distracted. But I think the book that I reread the most was Anne of Green Gables, by L.M. Montgomery

Anne of Green Gables is a story about a girl called Anne, and the mischiefs she gets up to in Prince Edward Island. I think what captivated me so much about this book was how carefree Anne was. She was the model I looked up to - her carefree spirit and her strength of mind. She was a strong female character - although she didn't always know what she wanted, she learned from her mistakes. 

Let's not forget the other characters in the novel. We had the absolutely swoonworthy Gilbert Blythe. He was partially why I loved Anne of Green Gables so much - he was that antagonising boy, but the one who grew into a strong, young man. 

I guess for me, the reason why I loved Anne of Green Gables so much was because of the characters. They changed and developed so much in the book (not to mention the other books in the series!), it was hard for me NOT to love them (I'm a sucker for character development). Hopefully, through The Library Project, more children in Vietnam and China will realise their love for reading and discover a favourite book like I have with Anne of Green Gables.

What about you? What were your favourite childhood books to read and why? I hope we can conquer this, and make sure that reading isn't a privilege! :) If you're interested in supporting The Library Project in some way, you can click on the link here and see what you can do and what they advocate for! :) 



Additional side note: I'll be extending my hiatus for a while longer... I'm honestly so busy with uni and life- I'm so sorry! :( 
Midsemester exams are on the 23rd of April - after that I'm here for ALL OF YOU <3 

Keep reading and loving books!
Geraldine



Enjoyed reading this? You should definitely follow me to get more updates! 

You Might Also Like