Connect with Me!

Love-A-Thon | Questionnaire About Me!

Saturday, February 20, 2016 Geraldine 0 Comments



The 2016 Love-A-Thon is hosted by Alexa @ Alexa Loves Books, Cee @ The Novel Hermit, Hazel @ Stay Bookish and Mel @ The Daily Prophecy! The aim is to spread love and positivity in the blogging community over the weekend, and I am so excited to be a part of this for the first time! 

First up, my responses to the questionnaire! This is a questionnaire designed for all you lovelies to get to know me better! I can't wait to check out your responses too, if you've done one! Just link it to me below~

1. What’s your name?
Geraldine~!

2. Where in the world are you blogging from?
The beautiful Sunshine State in Australia - any Aussies with me here...? If so, shout out below and let me know - AUSSIE PRIDE!!

3. How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I got into blogging in December 2013.Don't kill me, but I got into it because of the ARCs. I thought ARCs were pretty much free books, and I was like "I'll DO IT FOR THE BOOKS!". I got pretty burnt out as a result, after nine or so months.

I recently got back into blogging though, around August 2015. Disillusioned from school, and kinda facing an end-of-high-school phase, I returned back to blogging, found a great community and fell in love with all of you~! 

4. How did you come up with your blog name?
Blog names have got to be special right? I spent ages deliberating over mine - I wanted classiness, sophistication and also a name that reflects who I am. Corralling Books sounded classy and sophisticated to me, and it also represents me - I'm a book collector at heart! 

5. What genre do you read and review the most on your blog? 
I read and review YA the most! YA is pretty broad - but I like reading contemporaries right now. I used to love fantasy, and I still read some of that, but not so much anymore :S 

6. What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from reviews?
I do discussions - general bookish/blogging discussions, as well as Beyond the Page posts. Beyond the Page posts are discussion posts as well, but they discuss issues or things that books have forced me to consider. See here for one I wrote about non-consensual sex and double standards, after I read the book Firsts, by Laurie Elizabeth Flynn!

I incorporate some memes as well. I used to do Top Ten Tuesdays, but not so much anymore (see here for the reason why!) and Musing Mondays. I've recently started participating in When I First Saw You (WIFSY) though, that is held by Sophie @ Sailing With Books... CHECK. and I'm having lots of fun with it!

I've also introduced a Seasonal Songs feature - which is just pretty much me publishing a list of songs every couple of months or so (like every season!) which I've been listening to. Listening to music is a huge component of my reading experience, so it's really fitting that it's on this blog! 

7. Best blogging experience so far?
Uhhh I'm not quite sure what this question means, but I'll just assume favourite aspect of book blogging. For me, that would have to be posting book reviews. Wow, I'm such a narcissist haha, I love the sound of my own voice! xD But yeah, book reviews, although they get less views, book reviews are the reason why I started blogging in the first place, because I learn more about books, and I can fully express how much I love a book!

8. Favorite thing about the blogging community?
How open it is! I've been blogging for a while...but then I stopped, and then I started again after discovering this wonderful community that just accepts you with open arms! :) 

9. Name the 5 books you’re most excited for this 2016!
LADY MIDNIGHT LADY MIDNIGHT LADY MIDNIGHT LADY MIDNIGHT LADY MIDNIGHT
I'm super hyped for that book omggg - does that count for five books? No...? OKAY THEN FINE.
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare (as you know by now), United as One by Pittacus Lore (LAST BOOK, I am ready for this!)...I actually don't have too many else. List me some recommendations down below? 

10. Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn’t get to in previous years!
Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky, A Darker Shade of Magic by V.E. Schwab, Taken by Erin Bowman, A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas and These Broken Stars by Annie Kaufman. 
I've already gotten around to some! Notably, the first two :) Reviews are still upcoming...because I upload reviews at the snail's pace of one a week xD 

11. What’s an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
Such a hard question! Maybe The Seventh Tower series by Garth Nix? I haven't read it in like...eight years though, I just remember loving the series. Nine year old me is certainly different to now me, so I'll update you on that later on hopefully! 

12. Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Isabelle from The Mortal Instruments - she's so badass, she's got great fashion sense, has sensible advice... I dunno, I think she'd be a perfect BFF! :) 

13. Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
JEM CARSTAIRS <3 I love that boy to bits. <3 

14. Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad (5 characters max)
Will Herondale (from The Infernal Devices) and Kell Maresh (A Darker Shade of Magic) because they're badass - I need people to help me fight!
Valkyrie Cain (from Skulduggery Pleasant) because not only is she badass, but she's also pretty friendly and fun - I'll need her around to lighten the mood! 
Annabeth Chase (from Rick Riordan's books) because she's an intelligent cookie, and it would be nice to have Athena bless our travels and our war strategies <3 
Finally...Rory Williams (from Doctor Who) because he just never dies, and if I need to give up a squad member in a hostage scenario...he could die, then come back to me! 

15. Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies or interests?
My violin has my heart, my soul, and everything else <3 
I also like shopping (see below for more specific answer) as well as 
I'm learning Spanish in my spare time, as well as Mandarin! :) Hopefully one day, I'll know a plethora of languages - it would be so cool to go see other countries and be able to converse! 
I'm trying to write a novel...but it's a work in progress - not sure if the idea is even all that good, you know? 
Finally...I LOVE watching TV shows. I have a huge list of TV shows I've seen - let me know if you've seen any of these below!
Reign, Beauty and the Beast, The Vampire Diaries, Castle, Bones, House M.D., Body of Proof, Lie to Me, Chicago Fire, New Girl, Two Broke Girls, The Big Bang Theory, Shadowhunters, Modern Family, Daria
These are just all that I can think of right now... xD 
16. Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Pretty dresses- I've recently gotten so obsessed with them! Dresses are just super convenient to wear for a lazy person like me xD And plus, I like looking gooooood :)

17. At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song – and it’s your song. What song  would be playing?
HAHA my song varies, depending on how I'm feeling. Most times though, my song will be Satellites, by Cash Cash - always gets me upbeat and moving! :) 



18. Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/TV show, or a film/TV show you want turned into a book. 
The Infernal Devices would be amazing as a TV show! But I'm a bit worried it would get botched up - I know I haven't been happy with The Mortal Instruments movie or Shadowhunters TV show! So hopefully, The Infernal Devices as a TV show in the future (let's say twenty years time? Maybe the technology will be awesome enough for all the animations to not look cheesy) 

19. What would your dream library look like?
BIG. Lots of books. All organised in genre, then in author. Just organised in general! 
Circular room. One big table. 
A fireplace on one side of the room (with the books far away of course!) and a beanbag beside the fireplace for me to read on. 
Plus AIR CONDITIONING - I live in Australia, and it'll get hard to read in those summer days/nights without AC! 

20. Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
I don't fangirl over authors too much? But maybe Cassandra Clare? I DON'T EVEN KNOW :(

I hope you've enjoyed my rambling! Link me to your questionnaire responses down below, or let me know what you think of my picks! Especially which five characters you'd pick in your apocalypse squad - it's so hard to choose! :) Plus what books you're really eagerly anticipating - I'm only craving for TWO! :/ 

Keep reading and loving books,
Geraldine



Enjoyed reading this? You should definitely follow me to get more updates! 

You Might Also Like