Connect with Me!

Love-A-Thon | I Love You, Bloggers!

Tuesday, February 23, 2016 Geraldine 0 Comments


The 2016 Love-A-Thon is hosted by Alexa @ Alexa Loves BooksCee @ The Novel Hermit, Hazel @ Stay Bookish and Mel @ The Daily Prophecy! The aim is to spread love and positivity in the blogging community over the weekend, and I am so excited to be a part of this for the first time! 

This is going to be really hard. I've honestly experienced so much love, so much acceptance and an awesome sense of community in the two months I've been actively blogging. I don't know how I'll even encapsulate it all into a paragraph! I'm only going to talk book bloggers, by the way - just because I don't watch booktube all that often and because my phone has broken (so I don't have instagram).

I'll dedicating a few sections to some bloggers who have honestly been huge standouts here at Corralling Books - people who have never failed to comment and interact with me. As most of you know, I value interaction on this blog so highly - your time, your love, your effort is always appreciated here. I might be two or three days late (well, let's be for real, I'm always running behind on my blog - my organisational skills need some work!), but I always get back to you all, because you guys are awesome. 
But without further ado...I'll tell you all, why I love you so much. GET READY FOR CHEESE FEST! :) 

Everyone @ Blogging Community

Thank you so much for accepting me guys. Honestly - I got back into book blogging because I was starting to feel overwhelmed by school and eventually by the seemingly never-ending expansiveness of the holidays. I was pretty much at home all day, doing nothing (most of my friends had cool trips to go to) and I had nothing to do, no one to talk to.You guys took me under your wings, reminded me that I had a voice and that I should use it. I got back into my love for reading because of just how darn passionate you guys are! Last year I only read TWENTY books. Quite a drop from my usual eighty or so books. But I'm up, back and running again - I think I've read fourteen books now? Anyway, the point is that you guys have reinstilled my love for reading. Just knowing that someone out here has probably read the book, or wants to read the books I've read is so heartening - it really makes me feel like I'm not alone! Some people say they read to not feel alone in this universe of ours. And after having been in this community for just two months - I can say that's certainly true for me. 


Emily @ The Paperback Princess. 

Emily, words cannot ever express how grateful I am to you. I told you once you are blogger goals. You still are. Your kindness, your openness, just everything about you, taught me how to become a better blogger and probably a better person in general. Especially with interaction - YOU taught me how important and valuable interaction is, how it fosters amazing friendships with other people. YOU introduced me to the blogging community, and I have YOU to thank for, for all the happiness and joy I've experienced with my blog in the past two months. Thank you <3 


Ranu @ The Araliya Bookshelf

Ranu, you were the second person I really connected to, after Emily. You and Emily both showed me that kindness and interaction was the way to go! Ranu, you're always up for a chat, I love hearing about your life on Twitter, and your blog design is simply gorgeous. You seem to have your blog all sorted out and in place at all times! And of course, thankyou for the ProjSe compliment <3 


Zhana @ Confessions of An Addict

Zhana, I think you were one of the first visitors to my blog when I came back to the blogging scene? You've been here for ages haha, ever since I had my checked blue template! :) I loved talking about Colin Firth, about Japanese books, about a lot of things with you! I have yet to go through your book recommendations, but Zhana, you are such a friendly person, and you helped me come out of my introverted shell so much! Thank you so much :) 

Denise @ The Bibliolater

Denise, it's always a pleasure to see you around on my blog! You were one of the first active commenters, one of the first people I always saw around, and you made me feel loved. I had no idea people were even enjoying my posts until you came along! Thank you! 


Lucie @ Tea, books and fun

Lucie, I've loved this past month, doing buddy reviews! It's been awesome to read along, and know that someone else is feeling all these feels along with you! xD I love hearing about your super awesome life - Europe sounds so amazing honestly! I loved that you enhanced my cultural understanding bookishly, through Anna and the French Kiss! 


Sophie @ Sailing Through Books

Sophie! You're honestly one of the kindest, most hardworking bloggers out there! I admire how you host WIFSY- it must be so much effort! Plus, the creativeness required to create such an awesome meme that's so unique and spotlights awesome books...you're crazy talented, gurl! :) 


Aila @ One Way Or An Author and Happy Indulgences

Aila, I LOVE that you do the IB too! For all the pain, annoyances and freak outs that the IB brings, I love how whenever I find someone else who has done the IB, it's like meeting an old friend. Discovering you and your blog was kind of like that, but multiply it by ten! 
I hope you're enjoying the IB lifestyle right now (AHAHAHAHAHA), but just remember that IB isn't forever, even though right now it's probably pretty hectic :) 


Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books 

MARIE! I haven't known you for the longest time...but you're awesome. I already know that. I loved how you had so much enthusiasm for my review of Deceptive Cadence - it really blew me away because I know that Deceptive Cadence probably isn't a book that most people know/have heard before! You consistently comment, and then comment back - which I LOVE, because we've had a couple of GREAT conversations from that! :) 


Joan @ Fiddler's Blue

Okay, Joan, don't get too freaked out I put you on this list. I knowww that I've only known you for what, two weeks? But it feels like it's been FOREVER with how friendly you always are to me! I love how you just struck up a Twitter conversation with me, when we were doing the Twitter #FBCYA chat - it was so out of the blue, and it really touched me! 


Tina @ Tina the Bookworm

Tina!! :D I love how open you are! Thank you so much for allowing me to join the Rainbow Book Club - it's so awesome to find more book bloggers who are cool and nice! Plus...we read Perks together - that was such an awesome experience (even though we pretty much devoured it), and it was so cool doing a buddy review for the first time! 


Rainbow Book Club people! Cam @camxilla, Kat @ The BooklanderMel @ Melissa Discovers The Secrets of Reading, Sandra, as well as Tina! 


Thank you so much guys, for letting me be part of the Rainbow Book Club! Although I don't reply to Facebook messages much, or even talk that often, to be honest, you guys are fantastic and always keep the chatter going - I read your messages, I promise, I'm just horrible at responding to them! 


Joey @ thoughts and afterthoughts


You always make me feel so involved in the community! Honestly, with your tags, and the recent Love-A-Thon post about tea parties and comparing (that's not the right word!) bloggers to characters in books...you are awesome at making people feel part of the community! 

Josephine @ Word Revel

Josephine, you are mighty awesome with your camera! Apart from that though, your blog design is so minimalistic, and you have a fantastic way with words. Every discussion I've seen you participate in or write, you have constructed such a logical, cohesive argument and I want to know how you do that!!! Every time you do it. I'm just at a loss for words. Truly. I don't know if you remember it, but there was this one time I wrote up a post on DNFing books, it was my one of my first discussion posts about book reviews being biased, and you wrote a LONG response to it! I was so blown away with a) how much time and effort you lavished on the comment and b) how logical and coherent it was. I also love participating in Project 52! I haven't been doing it so far...but I WILL get back to it once I have a phone :) Keep doing what you're doing - you are rocking the blogging world! :) 


Briana and Krysta @ Pages Unbound


You guys are class and sophistication! You both have such an eclectic reading taste - I love going to your blog and seeing non-mainstream things, hearing about new TV shows that I would never have found out about if it weren't for the both of you! I'm sorry about that one time I mixed up the both of you! You guys handled that with so much grace and pretty much forgave me instantly, which was super nice of you both! :) 

Oh my gosh guys, I kinda teared up a bit writing this. YOU ALL ARE FREAKING AWESOME. Yeah you are. You read through this entire thing right? Or at least the sections you were part of? That really takes some serious effort, and effort and hard work is always awesome. Don't forget that. And don't forget that you are fantastic, in every single way. Okay I gotta stop there, I swear I've written a whole essay here...clearly ready for university life! :P 


I love you guys,
Geraldine



Enjoyed reading this? You should definitely follow me to get more updates! 

You Might Also Like