Connect with Me!

An Invisible Client by Victor Methos

Tuesday, February 02, 2016 Geraldine 0 Comments



The Breakdown


General Info:
     Title: An Invisible Client
     Author: Victor Methos
     Genre: Mystery, Thriller and Suspense
     Publisher: Thomas and Mercer
     Publishing Date: January 26th 

Thoughts:
     Excellent:
          - Character development - Noah was a completely different person by the end!
          - PLOT WAS AMAZING - I ended up being surprised by the plot direction! 
          - Easy to read - legal terminology explained simply
          - Entertaining read - couldn't put it down! 

    Things that could have been better:
         -  Relationship between Olivia and Noah a bit fast-paced
         - Didn't change my life - which is necessary in all SPECTACULAR books

Rating: 5 stars
Goodreads | Amazon

Initial Thoughts

The cover really isn't anything much to be honest. I actually clicked onto this book on Netgalley because I just thought to myself, "Don't judge a book by its cover!". When I read the synopsis, I also thought "Hey, this isn't what I usually read, but this sounds interesting! I think I'll have a go!" Boy, am I GLAD THAT I DID THAT!~

For high-powered personal injury attorney Noah Byron, the good things in life come with a price tag—cars, houses, women. That’s why he represents only cases that come with the possibility of a nice cut of the action. But as a favor to his ex-wife, he meets with the mother of twelve-year-old Joel, a boy poisoned by tainted children’s medicine. While the official story is that a psycho tampered with bottles, the boy’s mother believes something much more sinister is at work…and the trail leads right back to the pharmaceutical company. 

As Noah digs deeper into the case, he quickly finds himself up against a powerful corporation that will protect itself at any cost. He also befriends young Joel and breaks the number one rule of personal injury law: don’t make it personal. Faced with the most menacing of opponents and the most vulnerable of clients, Noah is determined to discover the truth and win justice for Joel—even if it means losing everything else

Characters

Character Development Was Phenomenal

Ahhhh the character development was AMAZING. It really was. We're introduced to a cynical thirty-six year old Noah Bryan. By the end of the novel, we know a more compassionate man, one who wants to fight for what is right. It was really great to compare start-of-the-book Noah to end-of-the-book Noah - from his attitudes towards his ex-wife to his attitudes about money, I loved how Victor Methos contrasted start-of-the-book Noah with end-of-the-book Noah, and showed how much he had really grown.

Relationship Between Olivia and Noah Was A Bit Fast-Paced Yet Enjoyable

This is an adult book, and I haven't yet reached that phase in my life yet...so I can't really comment definitively, but it seemed like the relationship between Olivia and Noah was a bit rushed. But this might also be because a couple of weeks in the book just takes up a mere ten pages or so. Despite this, I really enjoyed how Noah and Olivia's relationship was built. I've been reading wayyyy too many relationships with instalove recently, and I LOVED how Victor Methos made the romance really subtle, yet sweet. 

Plot

What can I say...? The synopsis drew me to request this book, and I'm so glad that I wasn't let down at all! I don't know much about the legal system, particularly the one in America, but the concept was intriguing. 
The plot was fairly predictable yes - come on, it's obvious that the protagonist always wins! - but its execution was flawless. I truly didn't see how the case could be won in the last few pages of the book, and started to doubt whether it would actually be won at all. I mean, using that guy's children against him to win? That was pure genius (if not evil haha), and I LOVED that twist! The emotional turmoil in the last few pages, with me going "AM I WRONG???" was just awesome, and I loved how I was proved right at the end!

Writing Style

It was so easy to read An Invisible Client. I was a bit hesitant at first, because it involves law and courts, and I'm not very familiar with it, but Methos explains everything so well and it all just makes sense. You know it's a book with great writing style, when you don't have much to say about thee writing style - because you didn't spend any time thinking about it at all

Entertainment Value

This book didn't really give me any fangirly feels at all. But it was still a really enjoyable read, I must say! The law drama was amazing, really engaging! :) I read this book in one sitting! 

Rating


Final Thoughts

I left An Invisible Client on my ereader for a bit, untouched. I cannot believe I did that, because this was just a phenomenal read. Great characters, phenomenal plot and easy writing style, this one gets 5 stars from me - it was truly great. I'd recommend it for anyone who's interested in a law drama, mystery, and suspense! 

What do you think? Have you read An Invisible Client before? If so, did you like it? If not, do you think you'll be reading it? 

Keep reading and loving books!
Geraldine




Enjoyed reading this? You should definitely follow me to get more updates! 

You Might Also Like