Connect with Me!

Books that I was Forced to Read

Saturday, December 19, 2015 Geraldine 0 Comments


In the past, I've been forced to read many books, mostly from my friends though. However, there have been a few circumstances when I've had to read books and plays for school work. This week, I'll have two categories, the top five books that I liked (after they were suggested to me) and the top five books that I disliked (after I was forced to read them).

Top Three Books I Liked


  1. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald - I recently had to study this book for school, and I found it to be an amazing book! I found the plot pretty interesting, but then when I took a closer look at it, I loved finding all the symbolism and hidden meaning stored away!
  2. Mozart's Sister by Nancy Moser -This was a book that I selected from the school library as a book to broaden my reading experiences. It was forced upon me, as my teacher didn't want me reading YA :/ But, in the end, I loved it, as it was heart-wrenching!
  3. Vampire Academy- I kinda imposed this book upon myself, since my friend was reading it. I was so wary of starting it; I had gotten sick of vampires, but it was amazing!

Top Three Books I Disliked



  1. Peeling the Onion by Wendy Orr- Peeling the Onion was a set reading text for 9th grade. I think it annoyed me a lot, mainly because I felt like the main character was ridiculous and such a fool
  2. Tulip Touch by Anne Fine- Like Peeling the Onion, Tulip Touch was a set reading text. I remember everyone hated in, mainly because the main character, Natalie was so detestable and weak, in our opinions. A couple of people ended up burning the book, which was kind of ironic (if you've read the book).
  3. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick- This book was very Twilight-ish. 'Nuff said. 

Which books would be on your list? Comment below! And what were your experiences reading these books above?

Keep reading and loving books,

Geraldine

You Might Also Like