Connect with Me!

The Teen Girl's Survival Guide by Lucie Hemmen

Sunday, November 01, 2015 Geraldine Lee 0 Comments

The Breakdown


Excellent:
  • It appeals to teenage girls - definitely some advice I would have given to my younger self! 
Meh: 
  • The quizzes were a bit cheesy for me haha xD but they were still fun! 
Rating: 4 stars
Goodreads | Amazon |


Coming to the end of my high school years, I came across this book whilst procrastinating (I didn't want to keep studying for my final exams), and decided to give it a read and reflect on my high school years...

This is a typical guide book for teenage girls- but this isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's interactive and has exercises for girls to try, as well as quizzes at the end of every chapter/tip. There are also real high-school girls' experiences, which adds to the authenticity of the book. Hemmen gets straight to the point, and doesn't waffle around, which I found, made the book easy to read. 

Personally, I found that this book summarised my high school experiences. The tips contained in here were definitely things that I learned myself, and wished that there was someone who was around to tell me those tips earlier.

I think I would give this book 4 stars out of 5. Definitely a good book for any teenage girl!

Keep reading and loving books,
Geraldine


You Might Also Like