Connect with Me!

August 20: Top Ten Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 Geraldine 3 Comments

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish, and, by golly, when I found out about it, I decided to join in on the fun! Every Tuesday, a new topic comes out for bloggers to post a list about. This week, it's the  Top Ten Things That Make Your Life As A Reader/Book Blogger Easier。

There are just some things that I, as a blogger, could not live without. There are also things that I, as a reader could never live without as well. Here's a list of them; I'm not very needy, so it's a small list!
  1. My laptop- Without this little beauty, I'd never be able to blog! After all, who likes typing on their phone? Way too hard. And I read quite a few books on my laptop too, as it's a much lighter load for me since my bag is heavy enough as it is everyday.
  2. Goodreads- As a book blogger, I find Goodreads immensely gratifying. It's much too hard to type up a blurb from the back of a book, and using Goodreads, I can just copy and paste. Plus, the reviews on Goodreads also help decide what book I should read next :D
  3. Music- I swear, music is such a good motivator for me to blog. I love music! And it's great for reading too, since I hate reading in silence. It's much too eerie without having something blaring on in the background.
  4. Blogs- Other book blogs are so fun to go around in and looking at. They're extremely good at helping me procrastinate, and they help keep me sane when blogging and writing reviews gets a bit mundane.
  5. Paper books- Though they are heavy to carry around with you, I love reading with books. There's the guarantee that my eyes won't get as sore as they will on my laptop, the smell of it and most importantly, it feels real! I'm not sure, but I also think I rate books so much harsher when I read them on my laptop in comparison to reading them on paper...
  6. Time- If I have plenty of time, I would never get around to blogging. If I don't have enough time, I also won't blog, because I need to 'prioritise'. Urgh! So usually, I need to be given just the right amount of time, so that I can feel pressured and work, in addition to not feeling to stressed!
What are things that make your life as a blogger or a reader easier? Comment below! I'll need to try some things out!

Keep reading and loving books,

Geraldine

You Might Also Like