Connect with Me!

July 30: Top Ten Favorite Beginnings/Endings In Books

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 Geraldine 6 Comments


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish, and, by golly, when I found out about it, I decided to join in on the fun! Every Tuesday, a new topic comes out for bloggers to post a list about. This week, it's the Top Ten Favorite Beginnings/Endings In Books.

I always love a good beginning to a book. And I also love a good ending. Beginnings are the start of something, a promise of new adventures! Endings wrap things up usually, but can also be another promise of more future adventures! So, here are a list of books that have a wonderful beginning and/or conclusion! It's a pretty short list; usually, they beginnings and conclusions don't stick very long in my head unless they're memorable.
  1. Ultraviolet by R.J. Anderson- The ending of this book is very poetic, and it makes me want to cry! There's a hint of more to come, while tying the events of the book up at the same time.
  2. Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens- "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times". Need I say more?
  3. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen- “It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.” I remember being very indignant about this line~
Any other books you love the conclusion/ending of? If so, comment below!

Keep reading and loving books,

Geraldine

You Might Also Like