July 16: Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish, and, by golly, when I found out about it, I decided to join in on the fun! Every Tuesday, a new topic comes out for bloggers to post a list about. This week, it's the Top Ten Authors Who Deserve More Recognition.
I've recently started reading some indie work, and they're pretty good! There are a couple of authors out there, who I truly believe need more recognition, because their works are just so amazing! Here's a list of them!
- Stephanie Perkins- My god, she may be popular on the blogosphere and Goodreads and the like, but I can't believe the amount of people who do not know her outside of the internet! I've encouraged all of my friends to read her books; they're so good!
- John Green- This guy is not only an author, but he is also a vlogger and much, much more! His books are so good, and he's a book lover as well, which makes him even more awesome! His videos on Youtube are spontaneous and interesting, reason number #27532 why he should be recognised even more!
- Sarah-Jane Lehoux- This woman is the author of The Sevy Series, a series that currently consists of three books, Thief, Shades of War and Masquerade. Let me just say, those books blew me away!
- Alex Flinn- I'm a sucker for good fairytales, and Alex Flinn spins the most perfect fairytale spinoffs and the like, writing fairytales set in the modern world, etc. I love her books, and devour them eagerly!
- Pittacus Lore- This author experienced fame of sorts when the movie based on his book 'I am Number Four' came out. I believe that his series is so good, that much more people over the world should be reading it!
- Maria V. Snyder- I've only read one of her books, but what I've read was spectacular! It was interesting, gripping and so intricate! I loved every moment reading that book, and am hunting for more of her books at the library!
- Aimee Carter- I found her Goddess Test series to be so interesting, and a wonderful twist on Greek mythology, one that I truly enjoyed. She deserves so much more recognition, since she pulled this series off pretty well~
- Morgan Rhodes- 'Falling Kingdoms' was such a good read! I remember being hooked onto it for every second, but for some reason, not many people know about this book! She also authored 'Vampire Academy; The Ultimate Guide'! She is definitely cool!
- Tamora Pierce- Tamora Pierce has written so many books, set in a male-dominated world, with strong female protagonists that defy all the odds. It's girl power at its best, with fantasy incorporated in it!
- Heather Brewer- Her debut novel, Souldbound was an addicitve novel that I devoured in less than 3 hours. I just can't believe she isn't known as well as other fantasy novelists, like Richelle Mead and the like!
Are there any authors that deserve more recognition? If so, for which books? I'm always on the hunt for more books to read (though I have loads of them already...)!
Keep reading and loving books,