Connect with Me!

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Favourite Book Covers Of Books I've Read

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 Geraldine 8 Comments

image
Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish, and, by golly, when I found out about it, I decided to join in on the fun! Every Tuesday, a new topic comes out for bloggers to post a list about. This week, it's the Top Ten Favourite Book Covers of Books I've Read.

There's this saying: never judge a book by its cover. Well, if the cover is what makes the content of books enjoyable, these books would be at the top of my 'favourite books' shelf. Sadly though, the saying is true, and there are so many books out there that are really nice to read, but don't and never will qualify to be in a list chock-full of the books I consider to be the prettiest, most enigmatic- well, just my favourite book covers. 

  1. Goddess Test (Australian edition)-The book cover for this book is really pretty. It’s probably because of the red dress, flowing out, and the girl looking back. It gives off such a sense of drama, because it feels like she's running away from something, that there is danger afoot in her world.
  2. The Hunger Games (Australian edition)-The books are so shiny~They’re white and then the whole effect of the colours just overpowers and it’s like…. ooooh…. magic… Speaking of which? Has anyone seen the CATCHING FIRE trailer? IT’S SO BEAUTIFUL!!!
  3. Shiver Trilogy by Maggie Steifvater- I love the writing on the book. It's so curly, yet simplistic at the same time... And the colour scheme really works! Each of the books only have two colours; white and another colour that gives of a vibe that matches the title of the book. For example, the cover of 'Shiver' only has blue and white in it. Blue really is a cool colour, and makes you feel like you want to shiver, if you know what I mean. 
  4.  Fault in Our Stars- The simplistic feel of the book. It's a bit like the TARDIS. It looks simple, but then when you look at it closely, there's so much more to this cover. Like my old English teachers would say, this bookcover is full of symbolism.
  5.  Divergent- The book cover just looks really foreboding and fiery... All the DRAMA!
  6. Halo series- Just because I like the cover does not necessarily mean I like the book, just to clarify. I hated reading Hades, but still, what's wrong with admiring the cover? I just wish that the cover of books were an accurate representation of the content of books... Because then I would absolutely love this series. 
  7. The Mortal Instruments and The Infernal Devices- I love how each book in the series always has like a character at the front of the novel. I really hope the last book in the Mortal Instruments series will follow this pattern! The last book in the Infernal Devices that came out a month ago, 'Clockwork Princess' is really cool too. It shows the protagonist, Tessa Gray, twirling around with a book in her hand. It looks so special, so unique, so precious... My Precious... 
  8. Penguin classics- These books are so classical. The orange and te penguin... Though they look uniform and kind of boring at times, I really can't imagine them having another cover. You just can't put any book cover on classic books; you start judging them the moment you see the cover! These Penguin books just don't allow you to judge it; you have to read it first to form an opinion. Off-topic though... I also really want to get the bag that has the Penguin Classic bookcover on it. Like the bag that has the Penguin Classic cover of 'the Great Gatsby'
  9. Treasure Yourself- By Miranda Kerr, the cover of this book looks rather normal, if not pink. But what truly makes me place this book on this list, is the fact that the cover engages my senses, in particular the touch sense. You know how normal books are just really tough paper? This book is like that paper, wrapped around some fibrous material... And I just run my fingers along it all the time... 
  10. Wuthering Heights- I tried to read this book, I absolutely could not digest it. But that didn't stop me from admiring the book cover. According to my research, Harper Collins reprinted 'Wuthering Heights' to be more Twilight-esque, because 'Wuthering Heights' is Bella and Edwards favourite book. Although it may have been adapted for Twilight, I really don't think it looks much like Twilight. The only similarity is the large contrast in colour. I have actually never read Wuthering Heights though...
Well, that's my list? What's yours? Comment below!

Keep reading and loving books,

Geraldine

You Might Also Like