Connect with Me!

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light and Fun

Tuesday, May 07, 2013 Geraldine 1 Comments


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish, and, by golly, when I found out about it, I decided to join in on the fun! Every Tuesday, a new topic comes out for bloggers to post a list about. This week, it's the Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light and Fun.

This is going to be short, mainly because I love reading depressing stories and seeing the happy resolution. What I classify as a light and fun read, is a book where the main character isn't forced to save the world. I don't read a lot of those books... So, here's my Top Three Books When You Need Something Light and Fun! See I still managed to keep to the 'T' theme~

  1. Anna and the French Kiss- I don't know... This was a book where I didn't have to think very much. Yes, I did have to think, but it was all very light-hearted for me, and it, in no way represented my life, so it was like an escape from reality, which is something I tend to enjoy. Anna didn't go through any life-threatening situations, she didn't have to save the world. It's the perfect book to read at the beach.


     
  2. Anne of Green Gables- As many of you might know, I love Anne of Green Gables. It's the book I pull out whenever I feel like not reading anything, because I can just flick to a random page and immediately know what is going on. It's relatable, it's funny, it's the essence of my ideal childhood. To have so many adventures would be exciting! 
  3. Maximum Ride: School's Out- This book does have some 'save the world' concepts, but for me, it's written in a really light-hearted way, one that doesn't make the danger feel very intense. There's a semblance of normal life in here, which is something that can't be said of the rest of the books in this series.
Well that's my list! I know it's really short, but yes, that's the kind of reader I am... What about you though? Do you read loads of light and fun books? Do you have any recommendations? Because, looking at this list, I've realised that I really need to start reading more fun books.... Comment below~ Plus, did anyone realise that out of the 3 books I have on the list, 2 books have 'Anna' and 'Anne' in this list? 

Keep reading and loving books,

Geraldine 

You Might Also Like