Connect with Me!

Top Ten Tuesday: Rewind

Tuesday, April 16, 2013 Geraldine Lee 0 Comments

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish, and, by golly, when I found out about it, I decided to join in on the fun! Every Tuesday, a new topic comes out for bloggers to post a list about. This week, it's a REWIND, and I can pick any topic I've missed out on or I want to revisit!

Remember how I was quite busy in the past month? Well, I missed out on doing a Top Ten Tuesday post I was really excited about, the Top Ten Favourite Characters in X Genre. So, when presented with this opportunity to do it; I took it!

I have chosen my Top Ten Favourite Characters in the Young Adult Genre. Mainly because it's my favourite genre!!! Surprisingly though, I always seem to find flaws in the characters. I guess I'm just *giggle* finnicky *giggle* like that (Get it???? Finnick?). Well, feel free to comment, like always! I don't mind a lively debate!

Okay, so here's the list. Not in order though... That would not be possible. Plus, there are hundreds and thousands more characters I love, but can't put in here... WHY??
  1. Annabeth Chase- I admire Annabeth so much. She's like, the pinnacle of role-models I have. Fictional role-models. She's just so strong, and she always manages to get by, somehow, even when things are getting tough. She stands up for what she believes in and she remains strong, even when she's placed under so much pressure.
  2. Sevy- From the Sevy series, which I recently read. I found her to be very determined and willing to get what she wanted, which was something I truly admire. She doesn't care what others think of her, and tries to do the best by her and the people she loves.
  3. Tessa Gray- Smart, loyal and not one to cause unnecessary trouble, Tessa's been one of my favourite characters for the past 2 years since I started reading the Infernal Devices. She's so wise, yet loyal. She would never try to tear apart Will and Jem, best friends and parabatai. 
  4. Alaska Young- Though I hated her impulsiveness, I really did want to emulate it too. I wanted to be able to take risks, to seem careless, to seem as wise as she seemed. I wanted to live my life without any cares in the world, but probably not in the way that she did it. I truly admire her bravery and her ability to try to live with everything she's been through. 
  5. Anne Shirley- Is Anne of Green Gables considered a YA novel? Ehh, even if it isn't, who cares? I love Anne, and she has always been a character that I adored, purely because of the scrapes that she's been in and how hardworking and determined/pigheaded she truly is. 
  6. Sirius Black-He's always been one of my favourite characters in Harry Potter, because he's always tried to be there for Harry. Plus, who wouldn't love a godfather who gave you a Firebolt?
  7. Fred and George Weasley- The comedic jokes that these two played on each other were so amusing! I loved how they could finish each other's sentences, and I especially loved their trysts with Umbridge!
  8. Skulduggery Pleasant- This skeleton is so sarcastic, it's really quite amusing. The little trysts he gets up to and his escapades are really quite interesting to read. And his yellow Canary! Actually he does remind me a bit of the Doctor, now that I think about it... There's the whole companion thing and the eccentricity...
  9. Miles Halter- He seems like just the sweetest person on Earth! He was really loyal, and he's a favourite of mine because of that. Plus, he was also really determined to get down and figure out the mystery, for Alaska's sake. 
  10. Simon Lewis- He's Clary's best friend, but what I love about him as a character is that he doesn;t only cling to Clary; he shows that he can lead his own life, make his own decisions. Sure, he's loyal, but he has the guts to do what must be done, even at the expense of his own life. 
Well, I'm sure you must also have a list~ Or can you not chose, like me? Comment below!

Keep reading and loving books,

Geraldine 

You Might Also Like