Connect with Me!

Top Ten Tuesday-Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most

Tuesday, March 26, 2013 Geraldine Lee 4 Comments

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish, and, by golly, when I found out about it, I decided to join in on the fun! Every Tuesday, a new topic comes out for bloggers to post a list about. This week, it's the Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most


I'm sorry, but I am a die hard YA reader. So most of these books are going to be YA. If you don't like YA: stay away. Plus, most of these 'books' are actually series title names, since I love the book series so much!




  1. The Infernal Devices/The Mortal Instruments- The release of Clockwork Princess has really spurred me onto recommending these series's. Not that I haven't been recommending it before that, but now I have more of an... let's just say incentive to recommend it. Recommending it to my friends, they may just decide to read it, fall in love with it and then buy Clockwork Princess to read. Once they've finished reading Clockwork Princess, they could always show their gratitude by giving me it. Oh, stahp it, I know I'm a criminal genius! 
  2. Vampire Academy/Bloodlines- I've always been a die-hard fan of these two series's, much like the two above as well. Like the above, the spin-off series, also just recently (or more like a month ago) released out a new book, The Indigo Spell. The only difference though., is that I've already read it. I still recommend these series's though, because it has such a great balance between romance, adventure and the supernatural. 
  3. Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olympus-Yeah, I should probably stop recommending two series's when I should only be recommending one book, let alone a series! Anyway, I LOVE MY GREEK MYTHOLOGY, and this book just has so much of it here 
  4. Harry Potter- This series is a classic. I recommend it to all my friends who don't read it now. And I recommend it insistently. However, this doesn't really happen often anymore... Everyone knows it now, thanks to the movies, so my job is pretty much done. 
  5. The Inheritance Cycle- Fantasy is my escape from reality. When reality gets too boring, I can always count on fantasy books to spice up my life. So yeah, of course this series makes the list. I love how complex everything is; it's like a whole different world! 
  6. Pride and Prejudice- This book is a classic, which is why I'm revolutionizing the world and getting everyone to read it. It's simple to read, there aren't any long sentences! I managed to read it when I was 12 (not that that's a particularly small age), that's how easy it is to read!
  7. Throne of Glass- I do love my fantasy books, which is why I put another one in this list! This book is a perfect blend of mystery and adventure, the whole plot being very intriguing. I also recommend people to read the U.K. version instead of the U.S. version; the cover just looks better, in my opinion!
  8. The 39 Clues- This is a wonderful series for anyone! It is also quite educational, in some respects, though quite a lot of it shouldn't be taken as pure fact. This being said, I've always found it to be full of adventure and there's lots of puzzle-solving involved! It's wonderful for anyone who likes puzzles, adventure and using their imagination.
  9. Anne of Green Gables- Whenever I read this book, I reminisce about my own childhood... This book never fails to make me laugh, and plus, it also helps my name is mentioned in there~ Yeah, this book just evokes some strong memories of my own stupidity, hehe...
  10. The Hunger Games- Not the series, but the book. I like how everything is so dystopian, how it's so different to this day and age. The Games, I found were a really smart concept and it was just so surreal reading about it.

Well, do you agree with me? Would some of these books be on you list as well? Or would you also have others? Comment below, I'm interested to hear!

Keep reading and loving books,

Geraldine






You Might Also Like