Connect with Me!

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 Geraldine Lee 6 Comments

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish, and, by golly, when I found out about it, I decided to join in on the fun! Every Tuesday, a new topic comes out for bloggers to post a list about. This week, it's the Top Ten Books I Had To Buy.... But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread.

I know I haven;t been doing these for like, 3 weeks maybe? But yeah, I'm back to doing them, since I have so much spare time now~ Back on topic, yeah, this topic definitely suits me... On Saturday, I was talking about how I have 60 odd books I still have to read... Yeah... Gotta get onto those... That's what happens when you're dedicated to your job; you don't get too much time to read.


  1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green- Right after I finish this post, I'm going to read it. I've heard tales of how magnificent this book is, but I just haven't had the heart to start it. 
  2. The Timekeeper by Mitch Albom- I bought this book because it sounded so good; I mean influencing time, come on, doesn't that sound absolutely marvellous? I guess I haven't read it yet because I bought it around at the time of my birthday last year... And being the bookreader I am, my family and fr
  3. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo- Normally, I would read the book before the movie. With Les Miserables, I watched the movie adaption in 2012 first, by pure accident! My friends and I were going to watch a movie one night, but then, it turned out there weren't any good times for us to watch it on that night. So, we decided to watch Les Miserables. Coming out of the theatre, I was thoroughly enchanted. Not being a musical fan, I was persuaded to appreciate the music, and I just found the story of it so heart-wrenching. With this in mind, I decided to buy Les Miserables the next moment I went book-shopping. When I saw it in the store, I saw how huge it was, but decided to buy it anyway, because of the feels I got while watching the movie. I haven't gotten around to it still... mainly because of its size. 
  4. Rise of Nine- I bought this book because I'm a fan of the I am Number Four series. Like The Timekeeper, by Mitch Albom, I got this book during the time of my birthday.... So yes, my birthday pile is responsible for quite a few books on this list.
  5.  The Maze Runner by James Dashner-Another book I got for my birthday. I think that says volumes.
  6. Moonlight & Ashes by Sophie Mason- I buy books for their covers too... Pretty covers make me want to buy the book... And this book was pretty cheap too, so I decided to get it, but I haven't yet read it properly... Yes, I have skimmed through it, but that doesn't count, does it?
  7. The Will of The Empress by Tamora Pierce- I absolutely adore Tamora Pierce's books! Or at least the ones I have read, which are only the ones about Alanna and Kel, because I'm all about girl power! I bought this book because of how much I enjoyed the series' with those two characters in it, but this book is the start of a new series, with a whole new different concept. I guess I'm just worried that it might not conform to my standards.
  8. Shanghai Girls by Lisa See-I didn't buy this book; rather my aunt just gave me a selection of books to pick from her collection and I thought this sounded interesting...This was almost exactly one year ago. I guess I haven't gotten around to it, because then there was the whole book release surge in May, where so many series' that I love had books being released. I have to get around to it before my aunt asks me about it.... 
  9. Clockwork Princess-It comes out today... I haven't bought it yet, but I know that when I do, I won't be reading it immediately... In fact, I'll probably be leaving it for a whole month, to get used to the fact that the series is ending... And I will never hear of Tessa, Will and Jem.
  10. Afterlife by Claudia Gray- I think I bought this book 2 years ago, wanting to complete my collection of the Evernight series. I kinda forgot that I disliked this series by that point... See, the first book was pretty good, the second book tolerable, but the last book downright horrifying... I think I only remembered the thrill I got from the first book.'
So yeah, as you can see I could probably write a whole long list of books I have yet to read... I should have a whole week dedicated to just reading and catching up on these books and the other billion books I have stashed away.

On a random topic, recently I've gotten into the habit of saying the word 'conform'. It's quite a nice word actually. Conform. Conform. Conform. It sounds nice! 

Keep reading and loving books,

Geraldine 

You Might Also Like