Connect with Me!

Top Ten Tuesday; Top Ten Most Bookish Memories

Friday, February 08, 2013 Geraldine Lee 0 Comments

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish, and, by golly, when I found out about it, I decided to join in on the fun! Every Tuesday, a new topic comes out for bloggers to post a list about. This week, it's the Top Ten Most Bookish Memories.

Well, as always, I'll start off with a bit of background. I don't really have any memories of bookish moments. Or maybe it's because I don't remember those memories because my mind has been wiped! No, really, I just don't go to book signings and see authors and all those things because I can't. I don't have the time or resources to. So without further ado, I shall introduce my Top Four Bookish Memories!
  1. Reading a book- I think this is rather obvious! Definitely my top bookish memory, because it's one I can remember the best, because I always create new memories of reading all the time! Multiple memories come from this! The memory of excitement, the momory of sadness, the memory of feeling like there's nothing left in my life anymore... Then there are the memories of reading a book I dislike... Those are the memories I don't like to reminisce on...
  2. Finding out about Netgalley- This is a pretty recent memory, happening about two months ago. It was such a great concept for me, being able to read books for free, in exchange for reviewing that book. It seemed like a good idea, so I signed up for it, and really, that is one of the best decisions I have made in the past six months. Finding out about Netgalley really pushed me to finally create this blog you are reading now. There's so many memories i associate with Netgalley! The feeling I got when I first got accepted for a book (Hooked by Liz Fichera) and the feeling of utter anger (haha, yeah, I am temperamental!) when I got rejected for another book! Netgalley has brought a lot of joy and memories in my life, and I'm going to continue using it, for as long as I can.
  3. Finding an old book in the library- By old book, I don't mean an old book in terms of publication date, but in the terms of how long ago I had read it. When I go through the book, a flash of memories always flash up at me when I read a particular paragraph/sentence/word again. I love the nostalgia!
  4. Browsing bookstores- Well, this is something I quite often.... In fact, at every chance I get, I run into a bookstore and immediately begin perusing new books for new material to read... When the book is really good, and pretty good in terms of price, I get it. The adrenalin that courses through me when I present the book to the counter is unbelievable! I get so excited that I'm finally getting another paper novel to read (because, let's face it, paper novels are so much better than eBooks)!!!
Keep reading and loving books,

Geraldine

    You Might Also Like