Connect with Me!

The Goddess Inheritance; a stunning ending to the Goddess Test series

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 Geraldine Lee 0 Comments

I've been a fan of the Goddess Test series ever since it came out in 2011. I've followed Kate's story, all the way from the Goddess Hunt, to Goddess Interrupted to Goddess Legacy. The cliff-hanger ending in Goddess Interrupted pretty much killed me. So, when I got the opportunity to read an ARC of Goddess Inheritance... well, you can guess how I felt.

'Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.

During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.
In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.
With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.
Even if it costs her eternity.'


This book was kind of a let down in my opinion. I had built it up in my head to be of epic proportions, but it let me down a bit. Probably because I expected too much of it. I mean, it's the end of the Goddess Test series, of course I would expect that it would be amazing!!!!

The cover of this book is just unbelievable. I hold on to the opinion that the Goddess Test  is the best book in the series, but in terms of book covers... Well, the Goddess Inheritance surpasses all its predecessors in this category. Don't you just want to gush at the beauty of it? Hahaha, I guess I'm really into the aesthetic stuff sometimes.

I especially admired Kate in this book. Though she did irritate me with how different she was, in comparison to her personality and character in the first book, I loved how she showed compassion to Cronus still, even after all he had done to her and her family.

I liked Cronus in this book. Cronus was so enigmatic.I know he's the 'bad guy' and all, but I loved how mysterious he is!!!

The ending of this book was heartfelt and unbelievable, in a good way. I cried at the end, being the sap I am... It was just so sad! You grow with the characters, and you follow them on their journey! And then, the road ends. Just like that. I barely realised I was getting to the end of their tale. The mixed feelings I experienced, the sadness of losing a loved character and the happiness at seeing a good ending... I DON'T LIKE BEING CONFUSED.

I'd rate this book 4 stars out of 5. A fan of this series, I was happy to see it end the way it did. Happily ever after, like how it should. Just go out and read this book when it comes out. And if you haven't even read the first book, the Goddess Test (the best book in the series in my opinion), just.... Don't argue, and read the book. Even better, just read the whole series. That goes for the people who have read the whole series already too. Just. Relive. The. Whole. Series. Before. It. Ends.

Keep reading and loving books,

Geraldine

(I got an ARC from Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review~)

You Might Also Like