Connect with Me!

Top Ten Tuesday; Top Ten Most Frustrating Characters Ever

Thursday, January 31, 2013 Geraldine Lee 0 Comments

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish, and, by golly, when I found out about it, I decided to join in on the fun! Every Tuesday, a new topic comes out for bloggers to post a list about. This week, it's the Top Ten Most Frustrating Characters Ever.

Well, to start off with, I'm usually frustrated with quite a lot of characters in books. In every book, you will find me ranting at one particular character. When you see me not ranting at all.... Well, it's simply not possible. I find something frustrating about every character in every book I have read. So, it will be quite hard to pick the top ten most frustrating characters ever, for me, but I tried, anyway.

  1. Bella Swan- I like Twilight, yes, but I just don't like Bella's character one bit. She is so needy, and not the example of women who have worked for years to get freedom.
  2. Piper- From the Heroes of Olympus series by Rick Riordan, I felt Piper just kept talking and talking and had no real use in the story. She dissed out Percy a lot, which I could not stand because I love Percy, I've followed his story through 5 books before I met her!
  3. Angel- Max's little baby in the Maximum Ride novels by James Patterson. I hated how manipulative she was revealed to be in the end. I was frustrated with how much my perception of her had to change. I liked her cute and nice. I'm stubborn, so what?
  4. Mrs Bennett- In Pride and Prejudice, she is exactly the kind of mum I would hate to have... She's overbearing, and she frustrated me with how eager she was to get her daughters married. I'm happy I got a better mum in real life. I sympathised with everyone who had to associate with her.
  5. Ned Land- His persistence and negativity in 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea got to me eventually. It frustrated me that he couldn't understand how wonderous the Nautilus was, and how it showcased so many cool discoveries!
  6. Etienne St. Clair- Anna and the French Kiss was so hard to read with this guy in it!!! WHY MUST YOU BE SO AMAZING, HOT AND COOL, ST CLAIR???? He was so amazing, I love him, full stop. Nothing more needs to be said.
  7. Mason Ashford- I felt so many different kinds of frustration with Mason in the Vampire Academy series. First, I was annoyed that he was so in love with Rose, I thought it was pathetic. I kinda compared him to a lost puppy. Then, when he went off to Spokane in 'Frostbite' I started cursing him. The curses went along like this; 'No, Mason, DON'T GO TO SPOKANE!!!! YOU STUPID BOY!!! WHY????????' Then when he died, I got so mad that he had died. Even though he was reckless and annoying, he had formed a place in my heart. Curse Richelle Mead, for making her characters so memorable!
  8. Caleb- He doesn't play too big a frustrating part in Divergent or Insurgent, really... But, the end of Insurgent, well, he was a shocker. He gave meaning to the phrase' faction before family', and hit it straight home to me. I was so frustrated because I thought he would be the one person who would be loyal to Tris, all along
  9. Erin Arbitor- I got so frustrated with her in Sneak. She was so discriminative and mistrustful of the Markless, when yet, she was friends with other Markless too! She just seemed like a huge hypocrite, and that really annoyed me.
  10. Henry- In the Goddess Test series, I felt he was weak and confusing. At first, he seemed not to love Kate at all, and was quite cold to her. Then he decides he loves her. Mixed signals, people! Then, he wanted to do anything to protect her, even not fight in the war against Cronus. I felt he should have put aside his feelings for the greater good.
Keep reading and loving books,

Geraldine

You Might Also Like