Connect with Me!

Top Ten Tuesday; Top Ten 2013 Debuts I'm looking forward to

Friday, January 18, 2013 Geraldine Lee 0 Comments



Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish, and, by golly, when I found out about it, I decided to join in on the fun! Every Tuesday, a new topic comes out for bloggers to post a list about. This week, it's the Top Ten 2013 Debuts I'm looking forward to.

I have a couple of books on this list, mainly due to my endless book-blog surfing. Here's the list of ten books! All of them are pretty much YA though, since I love YA novels!
  1. Poison by Bridget Zinn- Eek, this book sounds so good! I like anything fantasy, really, and brewing potions, mixed with assasination attempts on the future ruler? Music to my ears! This sounds like an action-packed book!
  2. The Culling by Steven Dos Santos- Being recruited for training competitions? Me likey. The stakes are raised even higher when the consequences are devastating, like having to chose which family member of yours to be brutally killed if you die. I predict lots of tension and action in this book!
  3. Taken by Erin Bowman - Ooh, mysterious! Boys being taken on their 18th birthday... What a mystery to be read!
  4. Dualed by Elsie Chapman- It sounds like the Hunger Games! People fight against their lookalikes (called Alternates) to survive!
  5. ACID by Emma Pass- Being accused of murdering your parents? Having a police force come after you? Gimme, gimme! So full of action and Jenna Strong really sounds tough!
  6. Ink by Amanda Sun- I've just come out of reading Anna and the French Kiss; of course I'm in for another story about a girl moving to another country! Plus, the cover looks really cool too...
  7. The Neptune Project by Polly Holyoke- Genetically altered kids? As soon as I read the phrase 'genetically altered', I decided I wanted to read this book.
  8. Dance of Shadows by Yelena Black- This book sounds so dark... Dancing seems like a dark art in this book. It seems like there are going to be some intense horror scenes in this book, from the summary I read!
  9. Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield- Magic, revolution and action... All things I want in a book! Plus, the idea of 'singing magic' sounds very mysterious...
  10. The Summer I Became a Nerd- by Leah Rae Miller- This sounds like a book I can relate to a bit. Thinking all about how people hide under a shell they create... It will make for some very good pondering!


Well, I think by this list, the truth is out; I love YA dystopian and fantasy novels! My guilty pleasures... Well, if I ever get my hands on these books, a block of chocolate and a quiet house, my life will be heaven.

Keep reading and loing books,

Geraldine

You Might Also Like