Connect with Me!

Books to read in the upcoming year

Saturday, December 29, 2012 Geraldine Lee 0 Comments

Well then, as everyone knows, the end of the year is steadily approaching. In other words, time for New Year's Resolutions! Are you joking, I don't even do them. Instead, I make a list, a very long list, of all the books that I have to read in the upcoming year. Normally, I don't finish half the books on this list, just like how some psople never fulfil their New Year's Resolutions, but it's always fun to try, then celebrate the books that I've actually gotten around to reading. I normally start the list with books I look forward to, then dwindle down to books that I actually have to read, to further my literary capacity. Hopefully, this list will give you inspiration and more books to read! Well, without further ado, let the list begin!
  1. Clockwork Princess- This is a book I've been waiting for so long to read! I might not even read it when it finally comes out on March 19th, for I'll be too busy admiring it and crying that it's the last book of Cassandra Clare's series 'The Infernal Devices'.
  2. The Indigo Spell- Richelle Mead, keep these books rolling! The intrigue and mystery is getting to me! How can Sydney use magic? What threat will the vampire hunters put on the Moroi? All these questions need to be answered! It comes out on February 12th! So soon, I can hardly wait!
  3. Goddess Inheritance- This is also the last book of the Goddess Test series by Aimee Carter! I've followed this series from the time when the first book came out... It's loosely based on Greek mythology, a topic I love discussing, reading or hearing about. Don't disturb me on February 26th; I'll be devouring this book!
  4. House of Hades- Rick Riordan's universe of Roman and Greek gods and goddesses captivates me, like quite a lot of other mythology spin-offs. It comes out in October, 2013. Why must I be tortured in this way?
  5. A Wrinkle in Time- I've heard this book, by Madeleine L'Engle, is really good, from my secret sources... It's about  time-travel I think... I've put this book on my list to remind me to read a sci-fi novel soon! It's already come out, like, ages ago.
  6. Promised- The last book of the Birthmarked trilogy by Caragh O'Brien, I have to read this! Everything coms to an end! I only just found out it came out already this year! Going to buy it very soon. Like soon.
  7. Around the World in 80 Days- A classic book by Jules Verne. Been on my bookshelf for quite some time now. I WILL READ IT.
  8. Anna and the French Kiss- I'll admit, I'm not a fan of overly-dramatic books. However, this book by Stephanie Perkins doesn't seem too bad, according to reviews I've read. I'm going to read this book for my annual chick-lit book of the year.
In addition to these books, I'll also have a bunch of other titles from Netgalley to read and review

Whew, quite a few of these books are books that I haven't thought about in months! Will keep you inundated with reviews of these books when I read them *cough* I'm going to forget to read some of these books somehow *cough*.

Yeah, quite a lot of the books are YA. I need to read other genres!!!! Have any suggestions? Pop a comment down! I'd love to expand the type of books I read.

Keep loving and reading books,
Geraldine

You Might Also Like